CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

TRADITION

TRADITION!! Every Memorial Day for as long as I can remember my parents would open the pool for the FIRST time that year, the only catch ......it was UNHEATED, it was a big to-do! My Dad would usually end up chasing me around the swimming pool and when he finally caught up to me he would pick me up, walk onto the diving board and toss me in! Haha, yeah fun memories. Well now that I am all grown up, and #1 I am totally out of shape and probably couldn't run around too long #2 I am not as lite as I used to be and would probably give my dad a hernia if he even tried to pick me up, let alone toss me over #3 I like to think that I am a little smarter now that I am grown up than I was when I would run around laughing, screaming while my dad chased me....so with that being said, I am happy Henry was so TOUGH and carried on the Memorial Day tradition this year.

Harrison thought about it, he got a 'Swimmer' on, but in the end wouldn't even dip his toes in the water.

I will admit there is NO WAY I would have jumped in. It was overcast, breezy and in the low 50's, and that was just the weather!!

Inside the pool the water....well it was COLD we are talking Hypothermic temps!

Well, Henry invited his good friend Owen over (he lives next to Gpa & Gma) and he is just as crazy and adventurous as Henry.

We of course had to get the BEFORE picture where they are all smiles

DURING where I have never seen Henry's eyes opened so wide, and him SPLASH so fast

And the AFTER picture, the "BRRR I'm cold, what the heck was I thinking?!?!" haha
WAY TO REPRESENT H!

0 comments:

Post a Comment