CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 6, 2011

Now you see it, now you don't

Today was a pretty important day for Henry. Not because it is a Friday, but because from here on out May 6th 2011 will forever be remembered as the day that Henry Hardy, LOST his first tooth!! It had been loose for about 3 weeks, there it stubbornly sat, like a tenant about to be evicted but was in no hurry, while the new tenant was ready to move in. The only problem.... it hadn't quite gotten to the 'ready to pull' state until today. Henry had a lot of mixed feelings about losing "his first tooth. His biggest reason he didn't want to lose it was "it has been with him for 5 1/2 years!" (that's what he said) I think that he also might be a lot like his mother in the sense, he doesn't like change and he tends to think too much about things at times which can lead to worrying!!
He is quite the lucky little boy. Grandpa Manning told him that he would give him $5 when his tooth came out, plus as parents Derek and I of course threw in a little bribery also, actually, I prefer the term 'incentive'. lol Then when you think about the Tooth Fairy coming, it was just a WIN,WIN situation for Henry. I think that Henry will be taking the family out to dinner this weekend.......you know in honor of Mothers Day! jk
It wasn't an easy ordeal to go through. I guess the saying, "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it" could apply in a weird, unusual sense throughout this losing of the tooth adventure. At the same time, it made me realize just how important it is at an early age to develop a level of trust between parent and child. Henry HAD to know that he could trust me in order to get it out, especially when I told him that it wouldn't hurt.
So, finally after pulling it down as far as he could, which was FAR, he decided to let me try to pull it ONCE! Forget the saying, 'Third times a charm!' because our saying today would be 'FIRST times a charm!' lol In honor of the momentous occasion here are some pictures! ENJOY! :)

A little nervous (yesterday)

finger exercises.......wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle

Harrison offering his support and encouragement by telling Henry to open his mouth

Henry pulling it as far as he could
Now you see it.........(his lips are a heart shape lol)

Now you don't.......(looks to be a little in shock! lol)
ALWAYS apply pressure to slow the bleeding

whoop there it is!

What a priceless smile!! (not really;)



Something kind of cute, while I have been blogging, Henry has been walking around the house repeatedly saying, " I can't believe I LOST a tooth, it's so AWESOME, I didn't even feel it!" lol


1 comments:

Lindsey Harris

Haha I loved this! I didn't lose my last tooth until 9th grade! Congratulate Henry on such an epoch for me ;) (Hahaha and I'm sure Harrison's help was invaluable. I loved that pic!)

Post a Comment