CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 8, 2011

A few things learned in Motherhood

What a great day today was, it started out with 2 handsome little boys coming into my room and giving me a cute book, and the best kind of card and flower......homemade! It has been 7 years since I celebrated my first Mothers Day, in a way it seems like so long ago that I was 4 months pregnant with Henry. Then in a way it feels like it was just yesterday. I am no veteran in motherhood by any means, but I feel like I am learning and growing everyday. So here are some things that I have learned about motherhood over the last 7 years:

-There is nothing like feeling the first kick, movement of the baby inside the womb, it is an amazing undescribable feeling, one of the coolest feelings EVER!

-I never knew how strong a bond could be, between myself and someone I had yet to meet or see

-Epidurals were invented for a reason.

-It is best for the husband to wait until AFTER his wife has received her epidural, to tell her when she is having a contraction, and when it peaks....lol (while in labor)

-There is nothing like holding your newborn baby for the first time

-After having a child, you cannot even imagine life without them

-I never knew just how much my heart could love, until I had my first kid! It seriously grew at least 3 sizes! Not that it was 2 sizes too small...lol ;)

-The saying, "Mothers work from son up, til son down" is TRUE!

- No matter how overwhelmed, or stressed I may be about life there are 4 words that somehow make any worry or care in the world disappear...'Mom I LOVE YOU'

-The love of a child is UNCONDITIONAL, it is so pure

-There is no greater feeling then holding and snuggling with your child

-The best hugs are from the smallest people! (my kids)

-Sometimes the best kisses tend to be a little wet (my kids)

- There is no greater job in my mind than being a MOTHER

- It is the SIMPLE, LITTLE things in life that count

-My greatest blessings in life, call me MOM

-Though they have the same parents, your children can be as different as night and day

I am so thankful for my boys :) They make me want to be a better person, they keep me going, they are the best thing(s) to ever happen to me, along with their father of course! lol I LOVE Derek so much also!

0 comments:

Post a Comment