CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Lets go DAD!!

So I like to refer to it as Dereks first (hoping only) midlife crisis ;) He is playing football this year for the Logan Stampede! It is something that he really wanted to do, so I am behind him 110%! Today he had his first game, and it went really well. He started on kickoff team as a container and switched in and out on offense for Wide Receiver! They played against the Davis Vipers. It was a nice day for football, warm & cloudy with a nice little breeze. The boys were so excited and were pretty good for the most part. Henry was raised going to football games since he was an infant, I think we only ever missed like 4 of Jeffs high school games, IF that. Henry was pretty in tuned and just well behaved from the get go. Harrison on the other hand has a lot to learn about sitting and watching the game keyword, SITTING. I am hoping that this year will be a 'training period' for him. And he will learn to watch the game, because this kid is going to be seeing a lot of football within the next couple years, with Dads games, Jeff at USU when he gets back, and Henry when he is of age.I must admit, though they were both VERY full of energy, and did alot of running around the track. I have to say, there is NOTHING cuter than hearing your children cheer for Daddy at his football game! Henry taught Harrison how to say 22 since that is Daddys number and he also taught him the signal for TOUCHDOWN! Which they were able to do 5 times today :) The final score was 35-10. Henry is just such a GOOD big brother!


Now, they say that there is something about a man in a uniform......YES there is!! All I will say is Derek MAKES the uniform look good :) haha One thing that was nice is Grammanita and Grandpa Wayne made the trip to the game! Talk about 'sanity savers' lol, Grandpa Wayne had some fun with the boys, he supervised as they burned some energy, which was nice, and Grammanita fed their sugar high with Kit Kats :) lol (jk about sugar high).It was really nice of them to come, because I have never sat through a game with just me and the boys! And probably would never purposely attempt it. lol Plus, those of you who know me, know that I have a tendency to get pretty zoned in, and get into the game. Well, it was a fun game! And I am proud of my #22 :)

It was a nice time spent with the boys, and just another reminder of just how lucky I AM, because I have 3 good lookin boys :) GOOD JOB BUD :) LOVE YA :) LET'S GO STAMPEDE!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment