CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 25, 2011

If you hide it, they will look.......

So Grammanitas birthday is coming up and since Landen & Aubrie were up this weekend we did the gift giving yesterday. Derek informed his mother that her gift was on their property, and that when she discovered what and where it was to please let us know. I don't know if it had anything to do with being Easter, but she got excited like a little kid, the curiousity had gotten the best of her and outside she went to look for her present.

It was rather entertaining to say the least as I watched her search the property. She was told right off the bat, that I was not a fan of the 'hot/cold' game, so she was on her own. Landen, Aubrie & Henry helped look also.

After wandering aimlessly for about 15 minutes, she told Henry to go get a clue from Derek (I already told her I would not be helping at all)

Now if we had been playing the hot/cold game, she would have been 'BURNT' several times! She stood RIGHT BY it so many times.I wanted to tell her I was just giving her a preview of 30 years from now (when she feels like she's lost her mind, or when she thinks she misplaced something and wanders around looking for it), but I decided that wouldn't be very nice or funny.
Henry came back with the clue 'It was a rectangle' well as helpful as clues can be..........IT WASN'T!! The torture continued ;) After about an hour I started to feel kind of bad for her. (okay maybe not quite an hour lol) Aubrie decided to be the nice daughter-in-law and let her know when she was getting closer, FINALLY it was found! I must say I could not believe just how many times she was RIGHT THERE!!

It was a license plate cover we had custom made that says:
!!!CAUTION!!!
GRANDMA BEHIND THE WHEEL

Call it sick, mean, cruel and unusual punishment whatever ya want but I found it rather amusing to watch her look. I call it being FUN and adventurous!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment