CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 26, 2012

A "told you so" moment with the hub ;) haha

For years I have teased Derek about taking him off my health insurance policy I get through work.....I have also been telling him for 3 + years that he needed to go see a doctor. Why you may be wondering. Well with the health insurance policy he had NEVER used it in our married life! Don't get me wrong not complaining glad I have a healthy husband! And then while most people enjoy a bed time snack, midnight, "up in the night" snack ie..cookie, ice cream, fruit etc.....Dereks bedtime and midnight snack if you want to call it that consisted of TUMS!!! I swear it was EVERY night! Derek denies that claim so I will say it was only 6 nights a week! I'd even catch him sitting up in the middle of the night poppin' one in his mouth. He just thought that I was a paranoid wife!

 So (in May) due to some wonderful "ties" at work, I scheduled Derek for a "CONSULT" with a doctor......and it was seriously like pulling teeth just to get him to agree to a consult! Well little did he know I had not only scheduled him a consult, I myself had also scheduled and registered him in the computer for an Endoscopy! haha 

Well there were NO pictures allowed (by Derek) the day of the procedure.  But, I really wish he would have been more "with it" when the good Doctor came in, because the first thing he (doctor) said (and I quote) ,"GOOD CALL on him needing an Endoscopy!! We took ALOT of biopsies" Yes, boy in a way I wanted him to go out and come back in the room so I could get that on video! haha but I am a much more humble person than to do something like that! Now I am not going to sit here and pat myself on the back while I type, but I will just say it is a good thing he had the procedure! He was put on some meds and has had NO problems since! I am not going to say "TOLD YOU SO!", so I will just say, "YOU'RE WELCOME BUD! It was only because I love you!" ;)

Now, I doubt that Derek will ever let me schedule any kind of appointment for him again.  Because a few days after the Endoscopy he got a bad infection which landed him admitted IN the hospital for 2 days.  Wow, did I feel bad :( All the while I was wondering and worrying about the results of the biopsies......the biopsies all came back good, but he will be needing an Endoscopy every few years and he can now consider himself an "established patient." haha 

While Derek was in the hospital, the boys stayed in Logan and wanted to visit him so they did! 

And once again Derek would not allow any pictures so I took pictures of his hospital room! :) 


I am very glad I didn't remove him from our health insurance policy....(never would) But, did he really have to use it in THIS way?!?! haha Just glad he is feeling better! 

So I guess bottom line HUSBANDS LISTEN TO YOUR WIVES! And wives, KEEP YOUR HUSBAND on your INSURANCE!! lol


0 comments:

Post a Comment