CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Vehicular Birdslaughter




So one day when we were driving into Logan, we were going up and over "the hill" from Newton and I saw this bird standing in the road and I just thought in my head "fly away bird, fly away." So I kept going 50mph didn't think much about it then all of the sudden I heard a 'thump' noise. I glanced in my mirrors, side and rear to see if the bird had rolled onto the side of the road or if it were lying in the middle of the road. Well I saw nothing so I turned off the road and parked by the farm equipment right before you get to Sams Fellow. And what I saw I don't ever want to see again. Here are the pictures.
I couldn't believe it. It was like a 1 in a million shot. I didn't know what to do, so I turned around and drove back home and Grandpa Wayne came to my rescue and pulled the bird out :) Thanks Grandpa Wayne!!! Sorry to say though, the bird did not make it:(
Henry could not believe that I had killed a bird. But, as soon as he realized that birds are resurrected also, he was fine ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment