CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 26, 2010

Soccer season is here!!!










So after 2 years of literally counting the months down to days, Henry played his first career soccer game. They did really well. Infact as we were driving into Logan the day of his first game, we went through Benson, and he said "MOM, SEE THAT FIELD...THAT FIELD IS WHERE I WILL PLAY THE FIRST GAME OF MY SOCCER CAREER LATER TODAY!" only Henry huh lol (And after just 4 games, I feel I HAVE to give a shout out to my mom and dad and say THANK YOU for all you did for me growing up and for all the Saturdays, weekdays and Summer plans you may have given up or tweeked to support me in my athletic ventures through life:) Especially the hundreds of hours my mom gave as she coached me in spring and fall soccer fromU8 through the JV team freshman year "GODOMOFS FOREVER:)". I now realize just how eternal sports or time will seem from here on out, but unlike the Tueller dance reviews I feel that sports will be tolerable and fun to sit and watch:)
Henry is #8, he also sports a white headband (he thinks the Under Armor logo looks like an H for Henry so it works). In all honesty that was purchased due to my 20/20 vision so that I always know where he is at:) Shhh Derek does not know it ;) His team has yet to come up with a real name, but because of a one time joke, he believes that his team name is the NEWTON NEWTS!!! So go NEWTS!!! If you were to ask Henry right now how his team is doing he would say we are at an even .500 we are 2-2 :) lol He has scored his first goal attacthed is a picture of that it is the one where Henry is jumping in the air like John Stockton did when he made "the shot". I will also include many more pics of soccer games since this is dedicated for H and his season. Last Saturday Henry added on to his career goal tally by being one short of a hat trick. He had 2 goals. I thought that it would be fun to encourage not bribe him to score so he receives $1 per goal he scores. I am quickly concluding that I should have started out at like 10 cents per goal:) He likes to go out and practice everyday on some little pug goals we have in the backyard, it is so fun to watch him. So enjoy the pics of Big H in his soccer season. Keep it up Bud!! You're doing AWESOME!!! love ya :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment